Last updated: 2019/01/30
Nils Scheffler, registered town planner, DGNB Auditor for sustainable neighborhoods and Expert of the EU URBACT program "Promoting sustainable urban development".
Since more than 15 years he has worked at both the local and international levels in the field of integrated, sustainable urban development and participatory processes.
Main field of works are:
- Participatory processes – urban renewal: Development and implementation of participation processes in urban renewal and regeneration.
- Cultural heritage/building culture – urban development: Safeguarding and development of historic urban areas; elaboration of world heritage management plans; community involvement.
- Energy/climate – urban redevelopment: Elaboration of strategies for urban areas to reduce CO2, increase renewable energies and improve energy efficiency.
- Governance – integrated urban development: Development and implementation of integrated urban development policies and urban governance / management systems.
- Urban poverty – Regeneration of social deprived neighbourhoods: Development and implementation of policies for the empowerment of social deprived neighbourhoods.